So there are a few words in the English language that put smiles on faces. Babies. Kittens. Snowflakes. Cotton Candy. Christmas. Denzel.
There is one man who steals breath from the lungs of 3 generations of women. The word swag is defined somewhere between his walk, his voice and his smile. His talent is undeniable as he has commanded every role he has ever played like Michael Angelo commands art, and Stevie Wonder commands songs. There may be no better way to define of the word gifted than Denzel. Not that his gifts offered on stage and screen are not enough, but they happen to not be his best qualities. Mountains of women adore him because in his packaging lies a man with deep love for his wife, for his family and for his God. Amazing really.
So recently he has arisen to another level of blowing our minds. Never has salt and peppered hair been more beautiful as he encouraged doe eyed students that their future will be what they make of it during the commencement ceremony for Dillard University. Shoot I’ve got some years on these kids in the audience and I’m inspired. He in his modesty claimed to give only 3 nuggets of power, but as in all things Denzel, he offered much more than was promised. These life tools are what Denzel broke down so it would forever be broke….
- You arrive to where you are by prayer.
- Everything you have has been gifted to you.
- You arrive to your success by the support of a team.
- Put God first! In everything. Period.
- Don’t be afraid to step out and take big chances.
- Dreams without goals are just dreams.
- Don’t confuse movement with progress.
- Your money is not as important as your service.
- Be thankful.
- Anything you want that is good, you can have.
- When you arrive to your success, reach back and lift someone else up.